Saturday, November 21, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Tonight was the big night...we put up the Christmas tree! Dusty finally let me put it up...probably because he was tired of my constant questioning "if he was ready yet". I would celebrate Christmas 365 days a year if everyone would let me! When Mom came to visit in October, we popped in Elf and drank hot chocolate. I just love it!


I decorated most of the mantle and then began the joyous event of putting up the tree. Of course, I popped in some Christmas music as we fluffed the tree. Dusty carefully strung the lights. Then we put on the ornaments only to find out that the colored lights did not look so good with our ornaments of gold, green, and red. I didn't think it was possible for any Christmas tree to look bad but we had achieved just that. All that hard work for nothing! Oh well, tomorrow is another day and we shall try again! This time with white lights. Here are some pics of our unfinished mantle and our attempt at a good-looking Christmas tree.





1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

To funny about the lights! Have fun changing them!