Saturday, December 4, 2010

2 Months


Miss Maddy is now 2 months old! Well actually she was 11 weeks old yesterday. I'm a little late with my post. I chose this picture because we think it's hilarious. She is now in the pout phase. This is now her signature warning sign that she is unhappy and is about to let us know it! We just laugh at her because it's so darn cute. Oh and she is probably pouting because, as you can see, her houndstooth didn't help Bama pull out a victory against Auburn.

Well it is now official....I'm a stay-at-home mom. I'm loving every second of it! She is such a great baby. She loves to smile and "talk" to me now. I'm amazed at the little things that she does. For instance, yesterday I put her down for a nap in her crib. She woke up about 30 minutes later but instead of crying for me to come get her, I heard her chatting it up with her stuffed animal. I wonder what deep theological thing they were discussing. It was the sweetest thing! I'm excited about staying at home and catching these precious moments that I wouldn't have otherwise. She has the strongest legs too! She will definitely be walking sooner rather than later. When she is in our laps, she likes to stand up and look around. She's not interested in crawling in the least bit! And did I mention she sleeps 10 hours every night!!! What a blessing! We joke that God had to give us a good baby since our labor and delivery was a nightmare. Otherwise she would be an only child! :) Not really, but we couldn't have asked for a better one!


This is our family picture! While we were home for Thanksgiving, Tessa came over and took some family pics. I had to share this one. In case you can't see, Decoy is wearing an orange collar to match Mom and Dad. :)  I loved our little color coordinated family. We actually got Maddy and Decoy looking straight at the same time. That is quite an accomplishment. Props to Tessa for capturing this great image!
Oh and in case some of you didn't know.....next year we will have another little one to add to the picture! Bryan and Adrienne are expecting a precious baby in June! We are all so excited for them. Maddy can't wait to meet her new cousin!

No comments: