Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello Again

So I remembered last night that I had not blogged for a while.....my background was still Christmas trees! I told myself I would be better at this once Maddy got here, but apparently I was wrong. I don't think I'm cut out to blog or write for that matter. I don't particularly enjoy it. I mainly have a blog because I live so far away from friends and family. Anything that makes it on here is better than nothing. Right?? I guess I'll keep it.

So Maddy is a little bigger than when I last blogged. Instead of tell you every little thing that has happened in 5 months, I'll post some pics.

Christmas
3 months old

5 months old

St. Patrick's Day
6 months old

Easter
7 months old

Maddy and her BFF, Gabbi Grace
(I know I'm missing her 4 month pic. I take a lot of pics with my phone and don't know how to get them on my computer. I'm not one of the lucky ones to own a smartphone. )

Here are a few new facts:
~Maddy can sit up by herself, although I'm still afraid that she is going to face plant one of these days.
~She got her 2 bottom teeth at 5 months. I didn't even know they were in. She is such a great baby and took it like a champ.
~She looks more like her daddy every day (or so I'm told).
~She's learning to wave and clap. She will randomly do both but as soon as you start to clap or wave back she stops and looks at you.
~She loves all foods. There hasn't been a thing that I've put in front of her face that she didn't like.
~We have to make sure she is strapped in the bouncer or she will try to roll herself over the side.

                                  *******************************

Maddy and I made a trip back home for Adrienne's shower a couple weekends ago. Jay got lots of super cute stuff. His nursery is Auburn themed, so he received a ton of orange and blue. I think Bry and Adge have most everything they need. Now we wait!! He is expected June 14. We (Dusty included) will be home the last weekend in June to meet the newest member of the famjam! We are looking forward to taking Maddy to the beach for her first time too.




                               ********************************

Last, but certainly not least, Dusty's last day of school is tomorrow!!!!! We (me more so than him) are so excited! He graduates May 20 with his Master's of Divinity. I feel like I've been waiting for this day for so long, but then I realize he's been waiting for this day since he was 5. He wins! We have no clue what it feels like to be married and come home where there is no certain obligation for the night. It's always been reading or writing papers. Oh the freedom!! Maddy will enjoy more daddy/daughter time, as will I!

No comments: