Saturday, June 7, 2008

Greetings from Bella Union!

Hola!! So I´ve been here a week in Bella Union, Peru. It is located in south Peru. It is very dry here...it has never rained here...true story! It pretty much looks like the desert with lots of rocks. One side of the road has an irrigation canal and that is where lots of olives are grown! That is what this village is famous for...I did try some with pimento in them. Pretty good if I do say so myself! The food here is good. We do LOTS of walking. There are mountains around which are made just of sand. I think one day we are gonna try to climb one...seriously.

This week we have been trying to locate people who had previously made professions of faith. We have not had the best of luck. We did visit Señor Guido Quiroz´s house yesterday. We had some worship time and then Pastor Amias led us in a Bible Study. Today Jaime, Señor Quiroz´s son, came over and our teammember Jerry discipled him and answered questions for about 2 hours which is really exciting. I also led a Bible Study with one of the teenage girls today. It was interesting trying to explain in Spanish. I think it went really well. Racsel is coming back on Monday to do another Bible Study. I have been trying to build relationships with the teenage girls. Most everyday we go to the park and play with the kids. Last night was the school´s Homecoming Assembly. Jerry and I went to watch the girls bec they were doing some dances for the school. We also went to the Homecoming Parade today. One of our goals is to have a worship service Friday. I get to lead the worship...so pray for me! HA

One big thing that you all could pray for this week would be encouragement. We have not had the best of luck with finding people. It just seems like everything is happening very slow.

Love and miss ya´ll,
B

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, It was good to see that you are safe and spreading the word of Jesus.
I printed and shared with the Adult Assembly your blog for this week. They want this to be a regular part of our morning assembly. Many are praying for you and that the name of Jesus is spread. Your Brother in Christ, Marion W

jeff and rebecca said...

Bethy,
Jeff talked with our really good friend Kevin Scherer who is an IMB missionary in Lima. He told him to try his best to track you down. We have a friend here in Laurel who is originally from Panama and she will be beginning Spanish classes for us very soon. Hopefully we can get a little practice in before our trip there next year to Peru. Lots of Love and remember that our Father is so pleased with your obedience and I know he has only the greatest plan for your life. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Beth,

This is Erin Thomas. I was the first one from Porter to spend the summer in Bella Union. I've heard great things about you!

I know it can be hard and discouraging sometimes. But I am praying for you, Michael and Jer everyday--for encouragement, for new believers, for guidance and so much more. I fully trust that God has great things in store for each of you personally and for the entire Acari Valley. Just keep on trekkin'!

Tell everyone I said hello, and I look forward to the updates. :-)

Anonymous said...

hey teammate, btw francis lied about this internet