Saturday, June 14, 2008

My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty...

Hola!! So this week has been such a blessing. There were some times of discouragement and frustration but the Bible says in James 1 to ¨Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because u know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.¨ As I was doing my Bible study, this verse just kind of jumped out at me. As I was thinking about it, I realized just how true that is. Without trials, we would never learn to fully rely on God. This week has been somewhat of an eye opener for me. This culture is pretty laid back...which drives my dad crazy. Sometimes it gets frustrating but we just have to remember why we are here. We have had so many people come to know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ this week. We began some discipleship training sessions with some of the believers. I´m so excited about what the Lord is doing here and in my own heart! We climbed a mountain today that was just outside of the city. I wish everyone of you could see just how beautiful the view was. At night, the stars are so amazing. There are no lights to block out the full beauty of them. I really do just stand in awe sometimes at just how amazing and wonderful our gracious God is. I never realized just how much I take for granted.

5 comments:

Shonna said...

I am glad to hear that the Lord is not only blessing the hearts of the people in Bella Union, but also blessing you through this experience and your obedience to Him - we are continuously thinking and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that the stars are beautiful. I love looking at the stars on a clear night! It is pretty amazing what God has created!! Loving you bunches, AMY

Anonymous said...

Hey Beffy!!! I miss you soooooo much! I'm so glad to heard people are getting saved!! Keep up the great work and we'll keep praying for you! I wish I could see all those great views!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
MISS YOU A TON!!!
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Beth!!! I miss you soo much but I am so excited to hear how God is using you! That is so exciting that people are coming to know the Lord! I am praying for you along with others and God is honoring those prayers! Be safe and have fun and take lots of pictures of that beautiful place! Love you! Amy Kelley

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth.... just getting to read this post and wanted to let you know i was thinking about you and that i miss you so much. I am so excited to hear that everything is going well and people are responding. I hope you are taking lots of pictures and please continue to keep us posted. Know that ya'll are in my prayers constantly! i love you! Tessa